We do not require you to register or provide personal information to visit our website.
Personally Identifiable Information
As a general rule, Gun and Trophy Insurance LLC does not collect PII about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. By voluntarily submitting PII through our website, you are giving your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. However, not providing certain information may limit our ability to provide you with the service you desire.
If you choose to provide us with PII on via our website through such methods as completing a web form or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site.
Generally, the information requested will be used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service you request.
Our website allows you to send us an email. We will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry. We will only send you general information via email. You should be reminded that all email may not necessarily be secure against interception.
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
- The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site;
- The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
- Your username, if it was used to log in to the website; and
- If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
We may share the above information with our employees or representatives with a “need-to-know” in the performance of their duties. This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you.
Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
We use social media websites and other kinds of third-party websites. Social media websites are used to publicize events, and engage with constituents. We also use web measurement and customization technologies to measure the number of visitors to our websites and their various sections and to help make our websites more useful to visitors. In such cases, the third-party application may request an email address, username, password, and geographic location (e.g., State, region, or ZIP code) for account registration purposes.
Any PII passively collected (i.e., not solicited) by the third-party website will not be transmitted or stored by us. No PII will be disclosed, sold or transferred to any other entity outside our organization, unless required for law enforcement purposes or by statute.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer to allow it to remember specific information about your session while you are connected. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. There are two types of cookies:
- Session: Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deleted. Websites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site.
- Persistent: Persistent cookies are saved on a user’s hard drive in order to determine which users are new to the site or are returning, and for repeat visitors.
If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies stored on your machine, you can turn cookies off in your browser.
Be aware that disabling cookies in your browser will affect cookie usage at all other websites you visit as well.
We take the security of all PII very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect. We also employ various security technologies to protect the information stored on our systems. We routinely test our security measures to ensure that they remain operational and effective.
We hold our contractors and other third-party providers to the same high standards that we use to ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of personal information they may have access to in the course of their work completed on our behalf.